Such a lovely pick me up to have mid afternoon or snack to have with drinks.
Za’atar is a herby Middle Eastern spice blend of sesame seeds and usually oregano, thyme and sumac with salt.
Prep time 5 minutes Cook time 15 minutes Vg
- 100g strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 150g mixed nuts eg pecans, walnuts, almonds, cashew
- 25g mixed seeds eg sunflower, pumpkin
- 1 tsp olive, rapeseed or sunflower oil
- 2 tsp za’atar
- Preheat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas mark 6 and line a baking tray with parchment. Spread the strawberries out into a single layer and bake for 15 mins until slightly dehydrated. Set aside to cool.
- Spread the nuts and seeds in a single layer on another tray, drizzle with the oil and roast for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven scatter with the za’atar and mix well. Cool then stir in the strawberries.
You can roast the berries and nuts ahead of time but only combine when ready to eat or serve as the nuts will go soft if stored with the fruit. Otherwise keep the nuts in an airtight container for up to 3 days and the fruit in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Works well with raspberries too.