Summerkings the powerplayer of all fruits!
We grow strawberries all over the world, from Scotland to Spain and of course The Netherlands! All are famous for their sweet strawberries.
Some fun facts about strawberries:
Did you know?
- Strawberries are high in fibre, low in calories, sugar and contain no fat.
- They support your immune system.
- They contain more vitamin C than oranges.
- Because a strawberry carries its seeds on the outside (approximately 200 of them) it technically isn’t a berry.
- An average strawberry weighs about 40 gram and the largest strawberry ever weighed 230 gram!
- The strawberry plant is a member of the rose family and used to be used as an ornamental plant in the 14the century.
- Strawberry plants and their delicious fruits are often depicted in religious and symbolic paintings.
- Throughout history, Strawberries were also been used cosmetically as nourishing facemasks and as a natural stain remover for your teeth. Beauty hacks that have been used long before contemporary cosmetics were invented.
It comes as no surprise that strawberries are loved by all!