What do you need for a breakfast for 2 people?
- 150 ml soy milk
- 5 Calinda strawberries
- sachet of vanilla sugar (8 grams)
- 2 tablespoons of whole wheat flour
- 4 “old” sandwiches
- oil for frying
- Calinda strawberries
- Maple syrup
- Remove the crown from the Calinda strawberries. Cut them into pieces and mix them with the soy milk with a hand blender.
- Add to the soy milk, vanilla sugar and wholemeal flour. Mix this well together. Put the mixture in an oven dish.
- Place the sandwiches in the batter. Turn the sandwiches over and let them sit for about half a minute. Remove the sandwiches from the baking dish and let them drain on a plate.
- Heat some oil in a skillet pan. Fry the sandwiches in the pan for a few minutes. Turn around. Make sure both sides are golden brown. You can easily bake two sandwiches at a time in a frying pan.
- Garnish the French toast with a few Calindas and a good splash of maple syrup.