Its so quick and easy to make hummus and this recipe with the blackberries is delicious.
Makes approx 450g Prep time 10 minutes Vg
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400g can chick peas, drained
- 75g cooked beetroot (not in vinegar), roughly chopped
- 100g blackberries
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- handful roughly chopped parsley
- crackers, celery, peppers, cucumber sticks to serve
- Heat the oil in pan, add the garlic and cook for around 30 seconds just to soften the garlic. Remove from the heat.
- Place the chickpeas in a blender or food processor and blitz to a coarse paste. Add the oil and garlic, beetroot, and blackberries and blend again until smooth. Stir in the tahini, lemon juice, parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with the vegetables and crackers.
Store in the fridge for up to 5 days. If you haven’t any olive oil try rapeseed.
Don’t have a food processor; simply mash all the ingredients in step 2 together – get your work out at the same time!